- Yoga means union with the Lord, and bhakti-yoga teaches us how to serve the Lord.
- Maya punishes us because we have forgotten to serve Krsna.
- If we serve Krsna, Maya will stop punishing us.
- A baddha-jiva has no sukriti, so he has no faith in sadhu, guru and Vaishnava.
- The conditioned soul is always absorbed in four things: eating, sleeping, mating and defending itself.
sāmānyam etat paśubhir narāṇām
dharmo hi teṣām adhiko viśeṣo
dharmeṇa hīnaḥ paśubhiḥ samānaḥ
- There is only one difference between animals and human beings: human beings can ask themselves about spiritual life, “Who am I?”, and animals cannot.
- Man doesn’t know where he goes after death.
- Atma-buddhi (Self-realisation is the best realisation).
- How to serve the Lord? Especially in Kali-yuga it is chanting the holy names.
- Sadhu-sanga and nama-sankirtana (chanting the holy names in the company of sadhus).
- Karmis, yogis, jnanis cannot meet God directly.
- Always be in the company of sadhus, gurus and Vaishnavas.
- Give up bad association (example of the rotten potato that spoils all others).
Verse: asat-saṅga-tyāga We must reject the association of non-devotees.
- Even a moment’s association with a sadhu can give all perfection.
Verse: ‘sādhu-saṅga’, ‘sādhu-saṅga’ – sarva-śāstre kaya lava-mātra sādhu-saṅge sarva-siddhi haya
- Always remember Krishna and never forget Him.
- Follow the instructions of the sadhu.
- Narada Rishi’s lila when meeting Mrigari hunter doing cruelty to animals.
- Om namo bhagavate vasudevaya.
-The sadhu can change the life of one who surrenders and follows his instructions.
- Example of Srila Svami Maharaja coming to the West (hippies became happy).
- Follow the four principles and chant Hare Krishna.
- We should learn Vaishnava sadachara (good Vaishnava behaviour).
- If you practise bhakti, compassion will come automatically.
- Maya is powerful and running after you, so chant the holy names and be happy, that’s the process!
- Don’t run after the dry desert full of sand and heat (maya).
- Listen to the sweet lilas of the Lord and you will be liberated from this material world.
tava kathāmṛtaṁ tapta-jīvanaṁ
kavibhir īḍitaṁ kalmaṣāpaham
śravaṇa-maṅgalaṁ śrīmad ātataṁ
bhuvi gṛṇanti ye bhūri-dā janāḥ
- Only the butcher does not want to hear the lilas of the Lord, because he has a very hard heart.
- Lila of Krsna with Mother Yashoda.
- Damodarastakam song: namāmīśvaraṁ sac-cid-ānanda-rūpaṁ lasat-kuṇḍalaṁ gokule bhrājamanam
-Mother Yashoda ran after Krsna for two reasons: because she had to punish Him (when He broke the butter pot and fed it to the crows and monkeys), and because He was her only son.
- Just listen to these sweet kathas and you will be free from all anarthas and sinful activities.
- If you don’t listen to Hari-katha, Maya-devi will punish you even more!
Lectures in English, Spain